Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lemonade Made in the Shade!

My latest tablescape is based on Lemonade, which would taste great on this hot midsummer day!!!
Also sharing with Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen!
My centerpiece is a green plastic chip and dip (that always reminds me of a lime) with a yellow vase in the center filled with greenery and yellow and white zinnias. Around the sections I put lemons and limes and "icy" cracked acrylic "jewels".

I started with a yellow tablecloth and slip-covered my burgundy velvet chairs.

At each place setting, I started with a green ruffled charger, then added a yellow plastic plate, topped with a lemon paper plate from Target.

I used green plastic flatware, green and yellow plastic cups and cute lemonade straws and lemonade paper napkins from Target.


This was hard to photograph!
I will be posting this on
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Happy Summer to all of you!

16 comments:

labbie1 said...

How fun! Like a picnic in summer! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I so agree, it is like a picnic in the summer. Great colors and love the centerpiece, very creative. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Beautiful and imaginative and "Certainly Quenches ones thirst"! LOVE the Lemon theme. SO Perfect for a hot summer day! LOVE how you used the acrylic ice. Thank you for all the wonderful ideas.
Have a beautiful week,
Donna

The Style Sisters said...

What a fun idea to use the plastic chip dip for a centerpiece! Come link up to centerpiece Wednesday and share your idea!
Karin

Alycia Nichols said...

I love the color combination! It makes me feel cool and quenches my thirst just by looking at it!!! I hope it cools off there soon. It's hotter than a firecracker here, too!

Barbara F. said...

That centerpiece pulled me right in! Love the name of your blog. Always love citrus-y colors. Great ideas here. Visiting from TT xo

Marlis said...

A darling citrus theme. I love your plates and the those straws just make me want a lemonade right now. Great idea for a centerpiece. Love how you slip covered your chairs. Have a blessed week. xo marlis

ellen b. said...

Do summery and fresh! I enjoyed your table. Happy Summer to you! My daughter is living in N.C. right now and that makes me curious about bloggers from N.C. :)

ellen b. said...

That was suppose to say So summery not Do summery!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Now I need a glass of lemonade! Thanks for sharing!

ellen b. said...

Fun idea for your centerpiece. We haven't been warm enough to crave cold lemonade yet here in the Northwest!!

xinex said...

Oh this looks lovely, Jewel, so summery! I feel cooler just looking at it. Love your centerpiece!..Christine

A Cottage in the Clouds said...

A very cool and refreshing summer table! It has a bit of a retro feel...reminds me of summer meals on the picnic table during my childhood.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is adorable! Love the summertime table! 'Cool' colors!!

Marigene said...

♥♥♥ this table, Jewel! The bright green and yellow were made for each other...your yellow zinnias are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Kathleen said...

Darling summer table, Jewel! Happy 4 th!