Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snowy Woods & Pine Cones Re-Post

I have been so busy that I haven't been a good tablescaper or blogger lately! I am sharing a post from last winter to get me back in the blogging mood! Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost is a favorite poem of many and has inspired many lovely tables already, but I wanted to try a snowy woods table also.


Photobucket


Along with the poem's inspiration, I was inspired by pine cones or pinecones - it seems both spellings are correct. I have always loved pine cones - in fact when my husband and I picked our businesses logo we chose a pine cone.


So here is my snowy wood/pine cone table:


Photobucket


I started with my slightly off-white tablecloth and a beaded snowflake runner. For my "woods" I placed a small pine tree (faux) and covered the terracotta pot in cheesecloth. I placed small snowflake ornaments on the branches. I found these at Tuesday Morning earlier this year. I flanked the pine tree with golden pine cone trees from Target. Then around the base I scattered some pine cone ornaments in sliver and gold. I also threw in a few acorn ornaments while I was at it. I also used wood grained mercury glass votive candleholders purchased from Target a few years ago.


 Photobucket


Photobucket


At each place setting, I started with my very favorite beaded place mats -honestly, how did I live without them? On top of that I added a wooden look charger bought at Walmart this fall. Then I used some plates I bought from Target's holiday section this year called Birchwood Chalet. As you can see they have embossed pine cones on them.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


At each place, I put a snowy tree candle that I found at Bed, Bath and Beyond. For stemware I used Fostoria Heritage iced beverage glasses because they remind me of icicles and pewter goblets. My flatware is Betsy Patterson by Kirk Stieff which I inherited from my grandmother. And I used off white napkins with pine cone napkin rings from Bed, Bath and Beyond.


Photobucket


On my mantle, I used my ornament tree with snowflake ornaments, surrounded by snowflake candles and snowflake tea lights.


Photobucket


Photobucket


I hope you have enjoyed my take on Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening. 


The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.


Photobucket

I will be linking to Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday!

10 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Jewel -- It's so funny how often we're thinking alike! I love your winter tablesetting and the pine cones.....looks like we're walking through the woods together this week.

Marlis said...

your tablesetting is once again fabulous. I love your centerpieces.. and the plates, I saw those too, but now am sorry i didn't pick up every single one.. they are fabulous.. xo marlis

Tess said...

This is just beautiful! I LOVE those plates...they are so unusual and perfect with your table theme. It's so pretty and "woodsy".

Alycia Nichols said...

This is the kind of table that makes a person feel OK about the winter's cold! :-) I could just eat those plates up!!! I'm sorry you've been out of the blog mood lately. I think it comes in waves for all of us. Just one of those things! Glad to see you here this evening, though, and I am looking forward to when you're back in the swing. Meanwhile, I'm glad you posted this one because I didn't see it in its debut posting! Have a wonderful week!

Elaine said...

I went through a blog fog, too. I had to jump back in, which I did this week. Anyway, this table is beautiful. You managed to combine cold and warmth at the same time! Your beaded runner is so pretty, and I love the various elements of your centerpiece. Thank you for sharing your "woods" tablescape!

Elaine
Creating Wonderful Spaces

Tea in Texas said...

You have alot of detail in your tablescape with all the pine and pine cones. The pine cone plates are very pretty and create a great theme for a winter time table. The dining room is lovely and warm with the colors. Happy Tablescaping! Pam

Tricia said...

Oh, I really enjoyed seeing this table! You did a wonderful job gathering pine cone-themed and wintry elements, and they came together so beautifully! The plates from Target are just perfect! Wish I'd spotted those!

Entertaining Women said...

Wonderful tablescape for a winter's night. I adore the Birchfield Chalet plates...just beautiful. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

CJ Foss said...

Pine cone plates led to an inspired pine cone room design, from plate to centerpiece to sideboard. Love the different textures of pinecones. Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend. ~CJ

strat said...

Tremendous suggestion to take. All corners is elegant.

auto glass