Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Memories of Proms Past

MEMORIES OF PROMS PAST!

Photobucket

For Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH. Be sure and visit her blog to see all the wonderful tablescapes!

Photobucket

My younger daughter, who is a freshman in college, is going to the prom at her old high school this weekend. Since this is not "her" prom, just her date's, I won't be hosting the after-prom breakfast I have had for the last couple of years. So I thought I would stroll down Memory Lane and tour Proms Past!

This was in 2006. The theme was something like "Tropical Beach." This was the first use of my blue and green goblets, which now are used all summer long, especially on our porch! I got them at CVS Pharmacy for 75 cents each. I made punch and served it from the silver punch bowl passed down from my grandmother. I used a paper plaid runner that has luckily survived to this day with no spills!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For my centerpiece, I hollowed out a pineapple to act as my vase. I got a mixed bouquet from Sam's Club (back when mine carried flowers) and arranged them in the pineapple.

Photobucket

Thanks for sharing this prom past with me! Sorry to be gone so long from my blog, but life does get hectic!!!!

Be sure to visit Susan at BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH for more great tables!

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

I remember that, Jewel!
Good to see you!
Happy Mother's Day!

Allison Shops said...

Cute! My mom has a pineapple ice bucket (with glass liner). It could be used for a centerpiece - I never thought of that! Wonder if she still has the glasses too? We used to have milkshakes for breakfast each morning before school. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Dropping by from BNOTP.

Allison
Atticmag

Marigene said...

Cute prom table...I remember those days of, oh, so long ago! I think most of the kids go out for fine dining in a limo, these days. :(

Needles Everywhere said...

How wonderful. The punch bowl is exquisite and the flowers in the pineapple a stroke of genius. THanks for sharing this.

Dreamgoddess said...

Jewel, how pretty! I don't remember seeing this one before. Where in the world have you been?? I was thinking about you yesterday and how long it had been since I had seen a post from you.

Sue said...

Hi Jewel....just stopping in to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day....Sue.

YourTeaLife said...

I love the pineapple vase! The table looks very festive.

Miss Merry said...

Festive, Fun and family friendly - the perfect table for the after prom breakfast! Thank you for sharing.

The Tablescaper said...

Fun and festive. How great it is to travel down memory lane.

- The Tablescaper

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I remember this. I remember how much I loved that plaid fabric, and your pineapple centerpiece. I'm sure your daughter has wonderful memories of those parties. laurie

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh I remember this nifty table, and telling you how LUCKY your daughter was to have YOU for her mom!
Beautiful the first time round, and beautiful now. LOVE those goblets; what a great idea to have them for summer use.

I know what you mean about life getting hectic -- it's harder and harder to find time to blog!
Cass