Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Turkey Time!

t's Tablescape Thursday sponsored by Susan at BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH!

Photobucket

I decided to use my Spode Woodland Turkey China in a different tablesetting this week. I got this green tablecloth at Bed, Bath & Beyond and the bronze napkins on clearace at WalMart. The goblets (which I use for all seasons) were a gift from my girls Christmas 2007. I kept the alligator texture chargers and the turkey flatware holders for my touch of whimsy. Instead of the turkey centerpiece I had used since September, I put out a large cornucopia (thank goodness for spell check or it would have had to be a horn of plenty) filled with gourds and fruit.

Here is my latest fall table:
Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can see I have both the dinner and salad plates.
Photobucket

A close-up of the centerpiece:
Photobucket

Notice the arrangement on the little cabinet. I did this with a grocery store bouquet and leaves from my yard.

Photobucket



Now the tables I have shared with you on this blog have only shown my Spode Woodland Turkey plates. I do have a set of "everyday" turkey dinner plates from Churchill China that we use from September through November.

Photobucket

Then I have these salad plates by Johnson Bros. "Autumn Monarch"

Photobucket

And I have a Johnson Bros. Deviled Egg Plate "His Majesty"

Photobucket

With all these turkey plates, I know you are asking, "Which will she use for the actual Thanksgiving dinner meal?" Well, wouldn't you know, we have a family reunion on Thanksgiving every year, so I don't have an official Thanksgiving meal at my house! It is a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and tradition though. This year, as we have for many Thanksgivings, we are going to my cousin's Celebrity Goat Dairy, which has not only goat and a cheese dairy, but a bed and breakfast and inn. It is absolutely wonderful and all of us can't wait!

So from my old Victorian, I am wishing all of you a Happy Turkey Tablescape Thursday! :D Jewel
179-8019_IMG
Post a Comment